Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Rutledge Loop

Early Morning Lake
Early Morning Lake
Originally uploaded by bethmrogers
If you ever wonder why I call my blog (and my website) Around the Loop, here's the reason - I live near the Rutledge Loop, in Crenshaw County. It has got some of the most beautiful scenery you can imagine. Pastures with cows and horses, old homesteads and barns, beautiful flowers (including a lovely garden of cannas at my friend Charlotte's house), and a great woody swamp complete with a wooden bridge. I get the urge to drive through and just ride with my window down, looking and listening. This morning I took a short trip through and found some butterflies and wildflowers (see my flickr page for more).
This area is such a pretty place, and I'm so thankful I live here.

No comments: