Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Days of Frustration...

This weekend just ending has had some rough edges. Ballgame Friday night, up early and to the church to pick peanuts off the vine for our upcoming peanut boil (we got 3 large trashbags full!); Saturday evening we helped chaperone a teenage party for some friends' daughters. Sunday is always full, between Sunday School and church in the morning (I teach children's church), lunch at MIL's house, children's play practice on Sunday afternoon, then back to church for evening worship. Then last night's meeting left me feeling drained...
I know I shouldn't let things push me past my breaking point, but it happens sometimes, just the same. Too much drama from too many directions all at once, and I'm feeling overwhelmed. I'm still not back to my normal, happy self - I'm not claiming to be a happy camper all the time, but for the most part I operate on a pretty even keel.
I know there are some things that I need to do to prevent this from happening. First, I need to spend more time praying and studying my Bible, so I know where I'm supposed to be (I notice that when I get to this point, my mind tends to start worrying about things that don't come under my authority).
Second, I need to make sure I'm getting the rest I need - when I start feeling like this, I need to get away, either by walking, riding, reading or listening to music.
Third, I need to talk it over with someone - mostly it's my husband, but it can be others as well. The main thing is I need to say out loud what the problem is, so it loses it's power on me.
I feel better now, and I can get back to work...

No comments: