Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Marketing Your Business

You know your business more than anyone else - what is your marketing strategy? Starting today, I'll occasionally give you ideas to market your business that are will hopefully be quirky enough to get a prospect's attention, and isn't that one point of marketing?
Today's suggestion: seeds.
If you are in any business that can help another business grow, mail out small seed packets attached to a marketing piece discussing ways you can help 'grow your business'. To further personalize the pieces, gear seed choices to the prospect- a grocery store might get vegetable seeds, wheat seeds for a bakery and flower seeds for a florist's shop.
It's okay to have your marketing pieces mass-produced, but leave yourself a little leeway in putting those individual touches on them. I've designed some marketing postcards for my own business - the front is pre-printed, but I've left the back blank so I have the choice to hand write a message or print it from my desktop, then add my signature.
Make sure your prospects see that you've got time for them- that may be the deciding reason they choose to do business with you.

No comments: