Friday, September 5, 2008

Psalm 121

I love reading my Bible... I don't always read it like I should, but when I do, it's like having a cool drink of water when I'm thirsty.
One of my favorite chapters is Psalms 121:
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber .
Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is thy keeper : the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
There are lots of different versions to read, some good, some bad (if you're not sure about a translation, check with your pastor or other trusted leader, and do some research on Google to make sure you're getting one that sticks to the original wording.) I usually study using the New King James, Young's Literal Translation or the English Standard Version.
But just to read it for the beauty of the language, I love to read the King James version. It's like poetry, and it just flows through me.
I hope your Friday is wonderful and blessed, and I hope you have some verses that comfort you and lift you up.

No comments: