Thursday, September 4, 2008

Global Vision's 6 in 1 kit - biker eyewear review

A few weeks ago, I got a new set of riding glasses. They're " The Boss 6 in 1 Kit " by Global Vision. I normally ride using a half-helmet, and my bike has a windshield, but I still like having something to keep bugs and dust out of my eyes, so I'd been using my faithful shades from Wal-mart, but when I started using these, I fell in love.
First, there's one frame, with quick-change lens (clear, yellow and sunglass). Each eyepiece has a little foam pad that helps filter out more dust (and rain) . You can wear them as regular glasses, or take off the end of each arm and add a band that will hold the glasses firmly to your head. I've used all three types of lens, and I really like them. They all fit inside a nice padded case that's about the size of a compact day planner. The case zips up, so changing out lens in late day is only a matter of minutes. I keep the case stored in my left saddlebag, so it actually takes me longer to get the case out than it does to change out the lens.
One suggestion I will make - when you first use these glasses, make sure you snap the sliding lock firmly in place. The first two times I changed out lens, it took a second try to lock them- I was afraid I would snap them in too far. Don't worry about that though-they're very sturdy.
I got mine down at Valley Grove General Store - check with them before you go anywhere else. Lynn's customer service puts her far ahead of anyone else, and her prices are great!
They fit nicely to my face, and are very light; the arms don't bother my ears under my helmet. I think you' ll really like these.

No comments: