Friday, September 5, 2008

Patriot Guard


motivator6428669
Originally uploaded by chevytruck542000
I am a very proud member of the Patriot Guard Riders. I'm not proud of what I do, but proud that I'm able to ride with such a wonderful group of folks, who do the right thing, even when it's not comfortable or popular.
I could describe how it feels to stand at parade rest in the hot sun, holding a flag, honoring a fallen hero, their family and friends while they mourn, but words aren't enough.
The breeze brushes the flag against your face, tears well up and run down your face, your chest expands til it's ready to burst, from pride and sorrow and thankfulness to this person who has made the ultimate sacrifice.
My son serves in the military, my son-in-law serves in the military; I've had a brother, an uncle, cousins, grandfathers, brothers-in-law who have served in the past; I'm proud of each one of them, and I ride for them.
I'm not pro-war - I can't imagine anyone wanting to have a war. But, I am pro-America, and I believe the only way we will ever have peace is through strength.
If you're not familiar with the PGR, please visit the site and consider joining. All they ask is that you have a desire to show respect for our heroes and their families - they don't care what you ride, or if you ride- just be ready to show respect.

No comments: