Monday, September 22, 2008

Customer Service

We were at the local Verizon store on Saturday, because I've got to upgrade my phone. We looked around at the different options, and I spoke to the salesman a couple of times with questions.
When I decided on the phone I wanted, I told the salesman, who then told me that he would be glad to sell me a phone, but it would benefit me more if I went home and ordered it online- there were a wider variety of phones online, more savings available, the phone would be delivered the next business day, and my store credit would work online, so I'd actually get a better phone for the same price.
That's good customer service in my book. This young man acted very professionally, answering all my questions, besides working with another customer (and not making either one of us feel as if we were being too much trouble). He put my benefit above his own, so I plan on going back to that store for any accessories I need to get for my phone.
How do you live intentionally (see here or here) in your business? Do your employees know how to put the customer's needs first?

No comments: