Friday, August 29, 2008

Oil Change

I found an awesome devotional a few months ago that I'd like to share with you. It's called 'Oil Change' and it's written by Pastor Rob at Biker's Church.
I've been in church most of my life, but this devotional teaches me in a way that most others do not- I rank Pastor Rob's writings in the same category as Max Lucado. They both write in conversational tones that are easy to understand and always bring out good points that I might have otherwise not thought about.
For example, right now, we're in the middle of a study on the book of Mark. We just read the story of when Jesus' mother and brothers came to the house where he was and sent in a message that they were there. I've never understood why Jesus wouldn't go out to them, but Rob had a thought- in earlier verses they were still not 'getting behind' Him (I'm paraphrasing); what if this was just another way of them saying, 'stop this and come on home'? He also wondered why they didn't come in to Him, but sent in a message instead. Were they still not supporting Him?
If you're looking for a good devotional, give Oil Change a look...

No comments: