Thursday, June 18, 2009

Share a Smile Thursday

I've been challenged by Angelika over at Angelika Heart Talk to share a smile today, so here goes:
When my older kids were little, they enjoyed watching Disney's Sing a Long Songs videos. One of our favorites was Figaro and Cleo from Pinnochio.

Anytime I want to visit those days again, all I need to do is catch one of these video clips on Youtube and I'm there again, on the sofa with my kids, all of us singing along.
I have four favorite grandsons, Hunter, Dyllan, Reid and Talan, as well as six favorite granddaughters, named Chloe, Khloe, Destiny, Laynie, Nevaeh [read hers backwards!] and our newest one, who will be born sometime this fall.
Here's a story about Reid:
This last fall, I was talking to Reid (who is 2 1/2 and helps his dad farm and take care of the cows), and asked him about his newest surprise. He looked at me and said, "I got a trike-cycle!" I said, "Well, my goodness! What color is it, red?" He looked at me with these big solemn eyes, and said, scornfully, "No, it's GWEEN!"
I should have known- what self-respecting John Deere-tractor-riding farmer boy would ride a Massey-Ferguson red trike-cycle?
And just so I represent the girls as well, here's one from Laynie:
Laynie, who is four, has a nice fenced in back yard with a trampoline. Once when we were visiting her, I talked to her while she jumped. When I asked her if she jumped a lot, she said, "Yes, I like to, but the neighbors don't like for me to because sometimes I jump over their fence." All this was said with a straight face and no thought beforehand. If she doesn't work in the entertainment field, I'm going to be surprised.
These are just some of the reasons I love talking to my grandchildren- they educate me in so many ways, I can't even count. If I don't learn something from them, it's because I'm not paying attention.
If you need a smile, and can't find one, just hang around a little kid for a little while- they'll loan you one of theirs.
Spread A Smile Thursday

1 comment:

Geli said...

Oh Beth, this was so lovely, thank you for sharing. My! I can so imagine you sit with your little ones then and sing along. I love the Disney classics, they certainly conjour up a smile every time.

The way you describe your grand children makes me look forward having mine whenever they might come along.

God bless you!