Thursday, June 25, 2009

Changing hosting packages

I recently decided to move my website to a new hosting company - the customer service at my old host had gotten pretty bad. I wasn't getting emails regarding renewals on sites, I wasn't able to contact the customer service department, sometimes for weeks on end, and when I did, I wouldn't always hear back from them.
So last week I moved my site over to another hosting company that I've used with other sites - Globat. I've been very happy with their service and will probably move all my sites over to them throughout the next year, as they come due.
I've also changed my domain name from rogerswebnet.net to aroundtheloopdesigns.com - I'd had this new domain for several months, but at this point I'll only be using it; the rogerswebnet.net domain will go dormant.
My site is currently down, because of some problems with the DNS servers, but I hope the site will be back up by first of next week at the latest. When it does come back online, I'll also be moving my blog over to aroundtheloopdesigns.com/wp, so this will probably be my last post on this blog. I'm moving all the posts, comments and other information while I'm waiting.
Make sure you change your bookmarks and check out the new blog - the look will change slightly on both the site and the blog - there will be many more similarities between the two. Hope you like the new look!

No comments: