Friday, April 10, 2009

Books are Treasures

I had a meeting in our Community Center last night, and while I was waiting for the others to get there, I looked through the things left over from the Relay for Life yard sale on Saturday.
Several large boxes of books caught my attention, and of course, I had to dig through them. There were quite a few books by Francis Parkinson Keyes, "Great Lion of God" by Taylor Caldwell, "Night of January 16th" by Ayn Rand, and "Glittering Images" by Susan Howatch. I enjoy all these authors, so I loaded them in a box and brought them home. (I'll find out how much they were selling for and send a check to the RFL team.)
I love going to yard sales and estate sales- you never know what hidden treasures you're going to find. I think I really racked up last night- I may go back today and see if I can find some more goodies!

No comments: