Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Back in blue jeans again...

Over the past few weeks, I've been gradually recovering from a small bit of surgery - I've lost 15 pounds (I need to lose a good bit more, but that's a start). I've been wearing lounge pants, sweats and track pants, because they're roomy and the waist is elastic - much more comfortable than a zipper.
Well, today's the day- I got my jeans out of the closet, where they've been hanging for the past five weeks or so, and slipped them on. It doesn't matter that I'm wearing the larger size (I'd just bought some a size smaller); right now I'm just happy to be in something different.
Now to keep using good eating habits to take some more weight off. One thing I'm trying to change is how I look at sweets- it's helped that I don't really have such a sweet tooth anymore. I've found a great dried fruit mix that hits the spot and seems to be better for me than candy - at least I feel a bit smarter eating it.
By the way, according to my blogger dashboard, this is my 100th post... woot!

No comments: