Thursday, February 12, 2009

The road called today...

It's been a long week or so, and between the weather and my stuffy head, I haven't ridden like I wanted to.
But today, the road called and I had to roll with it. The weather was nice: mid-60s, with a light wind, and plenty of sun. I did a short run to the closest town with a Wal-Mart (I had to think of SOME excuse to ride, right?). The road has long slow curves and beautiful scenery, so it did my head and my heart good.
Doesn't matter that I'm still sniffing and coughing- I'd be doing that either way, and at least I got to ride. Picked up some beautiful red thread and some crochet hooks to make myself a set of 'gauntlets/fingerless gloves' to keep the wind from running up my coat sleeve when I wear my light gloves. These will be handy, but they're as much for looks as for warmth. I just love to wear red...
I ride quite a bit by myself; I prefer it most of the time, because I don't have to worry about anybody but myself. It often works out that I'm riding alone anyway; I have worked things out so I can be ready in as little as 5 minutes - just slip on my boots and put my wallet in my back pocket. Then out the door with my leathers, strap on my helmet and I'm ready to ride.
And when the road calls, I don't want to have wait for folks to gather or get ready.
I'm riding again tomorrow- apparently today only made the need to ride stronger; I've got an appointment in another town, so I'll just strap on my backpack and pack my camera and stuff in it.

No comments: