Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

So hubby leaves out early this morning for work (5:45) and I sleep in a bit. I get up a little later (6:30) because I've got a ride planned for today with some friends. While in the kitchen I find a lovely velvet box of candy on the table with a note from him. I notice the lid is sorta bulgy, but I don't think too much about it, because I'm trying to get ready.
Well, the rain moves in instead of passing over us, so I come back home, and decide to treat myself to a piece of candy- guess what? the reason the box was bulgy was the Canon Elph he'd stuck under the cover. All the other goodies to go with it were hidden beside my desk.
Wow, what a great husband, and what a nice gift! I have a Canon Rebel DSLR that I love to use, but when I'm on my bike, it's too bulky to take pictures; I'd also mentioned to Randy that I'd read an article about how the vibrations of the bike can cause the insides of the camera to work loose, so I knew I didn't want to strap it on my handlebars for extended periods.
So now I have a great little 8 MP camera that fits inside one of my coat pockets, I can take it out, turn it on and shoot with one hand, (just tried!) and put it back in my pocket with a minimum of wasted motion.
I've got such a good husband.

No comments: