Thursday, January 8, 2009

How Great is God?

Our family and a friend's family have been going through a pretty rough situation over the last few months, and it seems to be getting worse instead of better, over the last few days. I haven't slept well the last two nights, thinking about what's going on, and what may happen. (and I know I'm not supposed to be doing that, but you know how that goes...)
This morning during my prayers, I apologized to God for not staying in His word more, and for not trusting Him in all things.
Several months ago, I had signed up for a daily devotional called Oil Change (sign up for it here), but I don't always take time to read it. It always includes some scriptures and a very good devotional...
so after I prayed this morning, I opened today's devotional, and what do I find as the scripture?

"Psalm 18:1-6
I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies.
The cords of death encompassed me; the torrents of destruction assailed me; the cords of Sheol entangled me; the snares of death confronted me.
In my distress I called upon the LORD; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears."

How is that for God being an on-time God? He knew yesterday that I'd start back reading the devotionals today, and He also knew that I'd be having trouble dealing with the situation going on... so He gave Rev. Rob exactly what I needed to read this morning.
I've seen this time and time again - God placing people and things in my path so that I come to them at exactly the time I need them. Friends, family, encouraging notes, money, an email with information I needed- no matter is too big or too small for God to help me with.
Now if I can just train myself to remember that when I need to. I can be a goober sometimes, but I sure am glad that God loves me, even when I am being a goober.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth,

Thanks for the email and for the kind words! I'm always amazed how God works through one person to speak to another.

Just a note of clarification, the blog that you link to on the side is not a live blog anymore.
My NEW blog is at www.robdale.ca