Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Relax!


Relax!
Originally uploaded by bethmrogers
The current assignment on the DPS forums is themed "Relax"; this is my entry.
My original idea was to have DH and L'il Red on hubby's bike, riding slightly behind me on mine. Red would take a picture using her P&S, catching her dad's shoulder and side of his head, framing me on my bike.
Well, you know what they say about 'best laid plans'... DH's bike is still in pieces in the carport, and the parts aren't in yet.
So... I just rolled my bike in front of my green backdrop and took some pictures.
Then I stepped out into the road in front of my house and snapped some more pictures. If you were one of the folks driving by while I was waiting to get in the road, no I haven't lost my mind, just having some fun.
Then I stepped back inside after breaking down the set (that backdrop support sure was very cost-effective, but it's not the quickest to take apart).
Photoshop is wonderful, and it wasn't too long before I had the shot I wanted (shown above). I've gotten several comments on it so far, and while it's not perfect, I'm pleased overall with how it turned out.
Now, if we can just get DH's bike back on the road- besides the problems he's already having, we got a recall notice in the mail this week, regarding problems with the gears - my favorite part of the letter refers to 'may cause rear wheel to lock up, which may result in a wreck, injury or even death' - four letters regarding this were sent to the previous owner, and I can't imagine why they didn't take care of this- there's no cost and it seems like a rear wheel lockup would put a serious dent in your riding fun.

No comments: