Sunday, November 9, 2008

Reflections of Gold


Reflections of Gold
Originally uploaded by Jim Vail Photos
Some of our bike group leave out on Friday, headed for a long weekend trip to the foothills of the Smoky Mountains. We won't be going- hubby can't get the days off.
One of my favorite places to go is the mountains - I love to stop beside the road, where the river is running over rocks; barefoot, freezing my toes off wading through the shallows (even in the hottest part of summer); driving along the river, waving to those who are canoeing or rafting in the deeper parts, wishing I was part of it.
My retirement dream is to live in the mountains; maybe owning a small motel, where we cook for visitors in the summer and fall, and spend the winter snuggled up in front of a fire...

No comments: