Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Turning Flips

Don't you just love little kids? They're so open to most anything, and they have such wonderful imaginations.
One of our younger granddaughters, who is three, just had a baby brother. We went to visit them all, and she asked if I would come outside and watch her jump on the trampoline. While she jumped and showed off, I asked her some questions, just to keep her talking. I asked if she could turn a flip while she jumped, and without hesitation, she said, 'No, the neighbors don't like me to turn flips, 'cause I might flip over their wall (fence).'
She has a wonderful imagination, and always has something funny to say. I know that we adults don't need to walk around spouting whatever comes to mind, but wouldn't it be great if we could lift the weight that keeps our minds from coming up with these wonderful stories?

No comments: